To ensure our campground will meet your needs, please read policies before completing a reservation. By purchasing a reservation with Lightner Creek Campground and Cabins, you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR YOUR RESERVATION & DEPOSIT
DEPOSIT = Payment for your entire stay + Tax + $2.00 online non-refundable booking fee (if applicable). There are no refunds on or after the day of booking. Please carefully read our cancellation policy.
Lightner Creek is a beautiful, serene seasonal creek which winds through our park. Water in the creek depends on Mother Nature. Site rate remains the same, whether there is water in the creek or not.
3 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY FOR THESE HOLIDAY WEEKENDS:
MEMORIAL DAY: May 27- May 31, 2021
JULY 4TH: July 1 – July 5, 2021
LABOR DAY: September 2 – September 6, 2021
Reservations for Labor Day Week will be limited and must be done via phone. During this time period, a noise ordinance is in effect in our canyon.Motorcycles or trikes will be prohibited on the property during the 4 Corners Rally.
ONE TYPE OF CAMPING EQUIPMENT PER SITE + TOW VEHICLE. Extra equipment must be approved by office management prior to arrival and will incur a $10.00 per night fee. Extra equipment will not be allowed to be parked at your site and will be kept in a designated storage area, which is limited and requires reserving space in advance.
All campsites and cabins. No more than 6 persons per site (Tine Home for Two: max 2 persons); (Mountain Shacks: 4 persons). All campsites and rentals units are non-smoking. Rates for sites include up to 6 persons for free! Pets are welcome and free!
Special instructions for lodging during fall through winter months only: The Main Bath House will be open and heated for the Mountain Shacks and Tiny Home for Two. Do not arrive to the campground without a reservation. Campground will close intermittently for upgrades/renovations or due to inclement weather. Winter reservations can only be made 3 days prior to arrival day, depending on the current condition of the campground.
Special instructions for Dry-camping during fall through winter months only: You will need to fill your fresh water tank in advance. There will be no dump station during this time period. The Main Bath House will be open and heated. Do not arrive to the campground without a reservation. Campground will close intermittently for upgrades/renovations or due to inclement weather. Winter reservations can only be made 3 days prior to arrival day, depending on the current condition of the campground.
You must cancel your reservations before the arrival day. A credit for the amount paid (not including the non-refundable booking fee of $2.00 if applicable) will be applied to your account for a future stay, this credit will expire at the end of the following camping season on our last day in September. You must reschedule for a stay either during the current camping season (May-September) or during next year’s camping season (May-September). There are no refunds on or after the booking day. If you don’t check in on the arrival day and fail to notify the campground of a delayed arrival [due to car trouble, etc.] your reservation will automatically become voided the next day. The campground reserves the right to cancel a reservation for any reason it is unsafe to operate; i.e. a campsite out of order, inclement weather, natural disasters, etc. The cancellation policy is in effect no matter who the cancellation is implemented by.
If you would like to change dates or drop days from your original reservation.You must make changes to your reservations before the arrival day. Reservations will not be adjusted on or after the arrival day. Changes will be made based on availability. If you shorten your stay by dropping days from your reservation, a credit for the amount paid (not including the non-refundable booking fee of $2.00 if applicable) will be applied to your account for a future stay, this credit will expire the end of the following camping season on our last day in September. You must reschedule for a stay either during the current camping season (May-September) or during next year’s camping season (May-September). There are no refunds on or after the booking day.
WELCOME to LIGHTNER CREEK CAMPGROUND AND CABINS!
Campground Policies 2021
The following Policies have been chosen for your enjoyment of the pleasant atmosphere in the Park!
RV/TENT/ SHACK CHECK-IN:1:00pm Mountain Time
LODGE / CREEKSIDE CABIN / TINY HOME FOR TWO CHECK-IN: 3:00pm Mountain Time
We cannot accommodate early check-ins!
CHECK-OUT: 11:00am Mountain Time. We do not allow late checkout!
Late checkouts will be charged the equivalent of an additional day’s rate. If failure to vacate your site interferes with the check-in of another guest at that site, you will be charged the additional day rate and a $100 penalty fee. Please plan your departure time accordingly – thank you!
- RVIA approved, self-contained, clean, well maintained, and have a 3” sewage hookup. Sewer connections must be sealed and the sewer line bridged to comply with La Plata County health regulations.
- RV & any other vehicle washing is prohibited
- Maximum of one (1) RV and one tow vehicle per site. Car pass should be visible at all times.
- Sites should be kept clean and neat. No food is to be left outside due to attracting bears and other wildlife.
- Clotheslines and hammocks are prohibited.
- Please keep in mind that there is NO parking in the street.
- Overflow parking is very limited and based on availability and should be reserved in advance.
- Charges apply at $10/night per vehicle for all additional vehicles and when overflow parking is utilized
- No more than six (6) persons inclusive of visitors will be registered per site.
- Children should have adult supervision. After 10:00pm persons under 18 years of age must return to their site, unless accompanied by their parents.
- It is necessary to register ALL visitors by phone, email or in person at the Front Office.
- Visitor Passes are available and can be obtained during office hours. There is a $5/day per person fee in addition to any additional vehicle fees.
- No Wood Campfires.
- No Tiki or fuel torches.
- Propane and Charcoal are allowed, and must not be left unattended. Fire pits, grills and other open-flame devices shall not be operated on cabin decks or picnic tables.
- All types of fireworks are prohibited.
- At anytime additional fire restrictions may be imposed.
FIREPIT AND PROPANE RENTALS:
- If a firepit or propane tank is missing or damaged you will be charged up to $250 for replacement. It is the Rentor’s responsibility to insure the proper return to the campground of all rental equipment.
- The Park can fill propane bottles brought to the office during scheduled hours.
- 10:00pm to 8:00am. Any activity that may disturb other guests is not allowed. Disruptive guests will be asked to leave without refund.
- No generators allowed at any time.
- No open alcoholic beverages inside/outside the Front Office, laundry rooms, or bath houses.
- Alcoholic beverages or consumption by those under age 21 is prohibited. Colorado laws, including those prohibiting open alcohol containers and driving under the influence, apply to all operators of ALL motorized vehicles within the Park.
- This is a non-smoking park. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the property. Please do not leave your cigarette butts on the ground; anyone caught littering may be asked to leave without refund, in addition to a $25 fine per incident for littering.
- To promote security within the Park, all guests and visitors are required to display car passes issued by our front desk.
- No soliciting is allowed in the Park.
- No firearms or lethal weapons of any kind are permitted on Park property.
- Any person causing damage to Park property, whether accidental or intentional, will result in a fine according to incident and cost of repair.
- Due to frequent BEAR activity, outdoor trash containers are not permitted. Trash must be removed from the site and taken to the BEAR-PROOF dumpster, which is locked every night at 9pm.
- Unacceptable items placed in the dumpster or left behind in the campsite will result in a $25 – $100 disposal fee: i.e.appliances, tv, grill, mattress, furniture, dog beds, carpets, tents, cigarette butts and etc. You may take these items to the Recycling Center and Trash Disposal, at 710 Tech Center Drive, Durango CO 81301, on the way to town.
- Littering of any kind, including cigarette butts and pet waste, on the Park premises will not be tolerated and guest may be asked to leave without refund, in addition to a $25 fine per incident for littering.
- Incorrect disposal of raw sewage resulting in spillage on park property will result in a fine of $100.
- The speed limit within the Park is 5mph. All operators of motorized vehicles must be at least 16 years of age and possess a valid driver license. All Motor Vehicles must be in good operating condition and carry liability insurance.
- The rules posted in the pool area are for your safety and must be observed. No glass containers permitted. A responsible adult must accompany children under 12 years of age. There is no diving, no head first jumping in the pool, no running at any time. There is no lifeguard on duty. Swim at your own risk.
RESTROOMS, SHOWERS AND LAUNDRY ROOM:
- Closed daily 11:00am-1:00pm for cleaning.
- We pride ourselves on very clean facilities. Please let us know if any of the facilities require attention.
PET POLICY & AGREEMENT:
- You may have up to three pets in the Park.
- Any dogs exhibiting aggressive behavior will not be permitted in the campground. Please be aware that any visitors you have may not bring their pets.
- Your pet must be on a leash always, unless in the Pet Park. Local Law requires pets to be on a short leash (6 feet or less) at all times. Pets should not be left unattended in the Pet Park.
- For the respect of other guests’ pets are not permitted in the playground, inside buildings or in the pool area.
- Solid waste must be picked up and disposed of immediately.
- Please keep pets off your neighbor’s sites. Do not let your pets relieve themselves on your neighbors’ site.
- Your pets should not be left outside unattended, at any time. Barking must be controlled to avoid disturbing others.
- You may not tie your pet up to trees or our utilities. If you do tie your pet up outside, your tie up must be kept in your site and within 6 feet of your RV.
Guests agree to release and forever discharge the Lightner Creek Campground insurance carriers, agents, servants, successors and assigns, herein after the “Released Party”, from any claims, demands, actions, causes of action and liability whatsoever, in any manner arising or to arise out of, said Released Party’s decision to provide facilities and services to guests. Guests acknowledge that the Released Party in no way can guarantee that acts of vandalism, theft, fire or other damage will not occur. Further, guests agree to specifically indemnify and hold harmless the Released Party for all injuries and personal property damage that arise at the Park even though same may have resulted from the comparative, joint, concurring or contributory act, omission, fault or negligence, whether passive or active, of the Park or any agents thereof.The Park Management reserves the right to amend, revise and add to the Park Policy at any time.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ANY ONE OR MORE OF THESE POLICIES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE VISITOR AND PET POLICES MAY RESULT IN YOUR LEAVING THE PARK WITH NO REFUND AND FUTURE RESERVATIONS BEING CANCELLED.